Sunbathing is the one of the most favorite activity we do in our leisure time, especially in our holidays in Greece. It is something that can be done to get someone to relax and keep from having to deal with so many stresses in life. Relaxing in the sun is something that requires no effort to do and the most important it is free. A person can just go and relax in the sun without having to worry about anything. Moreover when you go to the beach of course you will not miss this activity. Another reason why people like to sunbathe is that they want to get bronzed skin (often we called as tanned) It’s so gorgeous for some people . Yes it looks healthy and attractive, but you should know that over exposure to the sun can lead to bad effect, from light effect like sunspot or wrinkle to the worst one like skin cancer. So it is important know how to sunbathe safely. Here are some tips how to do a safe sunbathing :
- Avoid sun exposure in midday . Before 10:00 a.m. is a great time to tan because the sun is not at its strongest, while in the midday, sun exposure will be harmful and painful for your skin , so take a right time to tan.
- Do not stay out in the sun for more than 30 minutes at a time. Dont rush your tan. Getting a good tan takes time and patience. Do not do it in one day. You will only end up with sun damaged skin and sore sunburn. Take your time and slowly expose your skin to the sun to build a gradual tan. This is the healthiest way to get good coloring.
- Be sure to protect your face at all times. Your face is one of the most sensitive part of your skin. Even if you use a lower SPF sunscreen on your body, use a higher level SPF on your face. Consider using a hat to protect your face from the sun. You can protect your eyes to with sunglasses to make you more comfort.
- Use a good SPF sunscreen and apply it regularly. At the beginning of the summer while your skin is still not used to being in the sun you will need use a sunscreen with a higher SPF level. You can use a sunscreen with a lower SPF level, when your skin has become accustomed to the sun.
- Use lots of moisturizer. After you have been out in the sun always be sure to properly moisturize your skin. These lotions are saturated with moisturizers that preserves the moisture within the skin. Do not rub the lotion in. Apply enough so that a small amount is visible on the skin. If you can’t see the lotion, you haven’t used enough.
- Eat healthy diet with plenty fresh fruit and vegetable. They are rich in substances which essential for your healthy skin. Furthermore you should also reduce your junk food consumption because it has bad effect for your skin health.
- Take a supplements such as vitamins C, D, E , beta carotene, selenium, calcium and zinc. These will give you a boost sunscreen and help to prevent skin damage.
- If after all your effort to prevent , you still end up with sunburn , you can use some natural remedies to relieve your sunburn. You can use it this ingredients topically They are aloe vera, lavender oil, calendula, green tea. Its reported that it may helps reduce inflammation and soothe your sunburn.