As humans we love to believe that we are the first created creatures and we paramount in relation with the rest of the creatures but in actual fact the earth is the home for thousands different species of animals and insects which fortunately prefer to ignore us. OK… most of them. As it’s counted there are 1.500.000.000 insects for each one of us and in this number are included very beautiful butterflies and insects we love to watch but also and insects we leniently hate. Bees with deadly sting, flies and cockroaches with disgusting habits, fleas which have killed more of us than all together the sharks, the scorpions and the snakes and finally these absolutely awful mosquitoes which love to drink our blood, belong to the category ‘’the creatures we want to avoid’’. In some places of the world, the problem is much more intense than in other places, so if you want to travel somewhere check what kind of insects may meet there and be well prepared for them. Below there is a list with the most hateful insects and some tips to make them stay away from you.
If you ask the most of the people what insect they don’t want to meet ever, the nine out of ten will answer ‘’the cockroach’’. Some of them, they fly or simply walk. They love to be in very dirty places, in the countryside, in basements, in old buildings and generally prefer places which have warm temperatures. They go around at night and they eat whatever they find. The cockroaches can easily infect our food and transmit diseases. The truth is they are very smart so we have to be smarter. These are some smart and friendly for the environment tips to keep them away.
- The most important is to keep our home clean, so we wish you good sweeping and mopping!
- Check carefully for leaks on pipes as the cockroaches love dampness.
- Make a mix with water and soap and spray the cockroaches wherever you see them, this soapy liquid will defuse them.
- Very effective repellents are the bay leaves, cucumber slices, garlic and mothballs, cockroaches hate their smell so be sure they will not approach your house.
- The last tip seems to be quite funny but if you try it you’ll be surprised! When you see a cockroach, catch it with a cylindrical CD box. Then, take this box and leave it on the balcony. A cockroach can be alive in a situation like this, approximately for 2 weeks. During this period ‘’friends’’ of the cockroach visit it and they die around it!!! Unnecessary to say that you will never see a cockroach again.
Mosquitoes are annoying and troublesome worldwide with their hateful stings on our uncovered skin. Also, the female mosquitoes can transfer lethal diseases. Sometimes, it’s not enough the awful itch but also you have to handle with the insufferable smell of the mosquitoes repellents. Check some effective, ecological and with pleasant smell repellents.
- You can use the famous to all of us, citronella.
- Rosemary, basil and sage. Mosquitoes cannot stand their smell so it’s good during the hot summer nights to have some of these plants around you. Also, a good trick against mosquitoes is to make a mix with hot water and half a cup rosemary, leave it for 1 hour, then put it in a spray bottle and store it in the fridge. When you want, spray the liquid on you and it’s sure the mosquitoes will hate you.
- During the summer (when usually mosquitoes appear) avoid the consumption of food which includes potassium. The lactic acid which is produced in our body attracts the mosquitoes.
- An impressive mosquito repellent is a parsley product. Cut in small pieces a bunch of parsley and put it in a cup of apple cider vinegar, then leave it in fridge for a couple of hours. This mix you can use it directly on your skin or to spray a scarf and close it in on your neck. It’s guaranteed that nothing will annoy you again.
Do you think there are a lot of flies around? You’re right, there are everywhere. Unfortunately, flies are the most difficult manageable insects as almost nothing has result against them. OK you can hunt them with a flapper but this solution after hours getting tired and boring. We discovered only 2 tips to try to avoid flies and we present them to you.
- In a small size bowl put a little Greek coffee and a small charcoal to smolder. Its smell acts as a repellent for both flies and wasps.
- A bunch of sage hung on the curtains can make flies to stay away from your home.
- In the market you can find a plenty of gadgets which make ultrasounds and keep away insects and rats.
Everyone is aware of these little monsters, especially those who have pets in house. They like to drink blood from mammals which sting. The life duration of an adult flea is 2 weeks and during these weeks can lay up to 700 eggs! So 1) we have to be persistent for fighting them 2) whatever solution we choose we have to wait up to 20 days for results. Also, the flea’s sting has different effects in each one of us and sometimes can cause anaphylactic shock. So, what to do when the fleas appear on our pets or in our house? Read below.
- When we detect fleas somewhere, we start with a very careful cleaning with hot water and soap. Do not forget! The fleas jump very high so they can get everywhere in a few minutes. Use for the carpets the vacuum cleaner and when you finish throw away the vacuum bag.
- In small dishes make a mix with a little water and soap (mainly soap) and leave it next to a lighted lamp. The fleas are attracted from the light, jump into the mix and stuck in there.
- Throw salt or boric acid on the carpets and leave it on them for 5-6 days and then clean well with the vacuum cleaner. The natural qualities of these two products dry both the fleas and their eggs. Be careful: if you have children or pets in the house don’t use the boric acid as it’s toxic and danger if consumed.