Excitement associated with traveling never perishes with age. Senior travelers can also make their traveling really pleasant and enjoyable. They can fly, opt for the road trip and cruise their way for receiving a great vacation. However, there are some advices, information and tips senior travelers need to follow in order to make traveling at this age even more enjoyable. And when you are planning for a trip to Greece, you must go through these advices and tips first. These tips are also helpful for those who are planning their vacation for others destinations and wish to make it more enjoyable and safe. For just any senior traveler, planning the tour, packing things rightly and traveling with the present medical condition can be challenging. But these tips can really make them feel free to travel for just any part of the world with a great enthusiasm.
Pre-planning of your vacation:
- First of all you need to consult with your travel agent for the destinations that you are planning to visit. These days, you can find many travel agencies and agents that offer senior travel like service.
- Ensure that you can find sufficient medical assistance at the location you will stay. This is really important.
- Research online to know more about the climatic condition of that place, along with the culture and language.
- In this regard, you can also purchase a guide book. Go through it to determine several other important aspects related to your tour.
- If you are on wheelchair or having a guide dog, then before you travel ensure about required arrangements so that you can travel with them easily. It also include airplane sitting which you must confirm well-in-advance.
- You should buy travel insurance and ensure that it has coverage for pre-existing illness.
- In the carry-on-bag you should have everything that you require for the traveling time in flight.
- Keep medical kit in the carry bag and ensure that you have pain killers, required medications, antacids and band-aids in it.
- You can also take the pill box which is packed with all the pills that you need for a week. That pill box should be marked with the first letter of each day in a week. Keep in mind that you will be away from your home and this can disrupt your daily routine. In order to ensure that you will never forget about your daily medication, having a marked pill box can help you a lot.
- You should use the suitcase which is having wheels. This will make your traveling with the belongings easier, lighter and much convenient.
Traveling advices for disabled people:
- If you are moving for the favorite location with the disability condition, then you should call the airports as well as airlines well in advance to the departure time and get information about the services that you can have in terms of seating arrangements, shuttle services and special meals.
- Accomplish all the required reservations well in advance to avoid the hassles.
- Let the airline know about your needs and keep your travel agent informed about your condition so that they can meet your traveling requirements in the best possible manner.
- Always look for the direct flights for the place that you wish to visit.
- You are also required to contact the local tourism authority to determine whether or not public transportation is available for disabled.
- And when you are moving for any foreign location, you should contact the embassy to know the rules associated with your aids. Know whether or not you can find provision for wheelchair, medication and guide dog.
Medical checks prior to traveling:
- Before you depart, you should opt for pre medical check ups. And it is important for those who have heart disease, any kind of chronic condition and hypertension. People who have recently undergone surgery, they are also required to go for the same process.
- Ensure that you have discussed about the trip with your health care expert. You should always check the health concerns that you may have during the tour like change in diet, difference in time zone, and anything that related to your health.
- If you are suffering from diabetes like physical issue, then medical advices should be confirmed so that you can fit into the different time-zone successfully. You have to consider about pneumonia and flu like issues before you move for the trip. If you are traveling for the locations where there is a chance for infectious disease, then ensure that you are completely vaccinated.
- Being the senior citizen must not stop you in taking benefit of all convenient to great destinations in Greece. But, we know that the senior citizens have special concerns and needs while they fly
- Perfect method to start with the senior travel is planning in advance. Lots of seniors know that they wish to travel, however many of them do not actually where they must go. It is not essential to rely on advice of the high pressured agents to make this choice for you. Instead, you are a bit proactive, and do research on the possible destinations.
- For people, who have not done a lot of traveling before, or aren’t that inspired planning the trip, the senior tours are just perfect. The senior travel packages generally come on the silver platter as well as allow the seniors people to set, pay fees as well as take care in packing the cameras & suntan lotion. It is likely to have the meals, airfare as well as lodging arranged for them.
- Senior tours generally come with the chaperon or guide to look at your personal requirements. Unluckily, some people do not want to follow the set schedule, and told when they have to get back in the bus to head for next attraction. Thus, you must very carefully weigh these advantages & disadvantages of the senior tours prior to booking one.